Graduate school is kicking my ass.
BUT, in the meantime, I have created a little list of ways I have changed since I came out (almost two years ago, can you believe it? I shall throw a party for my fabulous gay self.)
1. I no longer carry a purse. Driver's license and credit cards go in my back pocket. There's something really sexy about reaching into your back pocket to pay for a lady's drink.
2. Short hair, short nails. Enough said.
3. When I walk into a gay bar, I no longer feel like an imposter viewing that world from the outside. I walk in with my dyke swagger and own the place.
4. I am not afraid to get naked in a room full of women. This is not what you're thinking, sluts, I mean at the spa.
5. I have learned that I have to watch what I say to women. Chicks can take one LITTLE FUCKING thing out of context and go off for hours about it. Sometimes I'd just rather have dental work done.
6. I think like a gay person now. My life before was about laundry and making dinner and how I could make my husband's life easier. Now I realize that I was a reluctant participant in a heterosexist world. Fuck that.
7. I have this profound sense of happiness now, even on my worst days I feel confident, peaceful...and just a little naughty.