January 20, 2011

I have reached a new low in my adult life.

I just Googled: "How to get over a break-up"

Yes, that's right, folks.  SassySeattle is single.

My first girlfriend.

And a relationship that turned out to be more of a mindfuck than I ever bargained for.


...filled with extreme peaks that left me elated and knowing, without a doubt, that I was previously missing something vital in my life

...to valleys that left me hating the person that I was when I was with her.

The night after we officially ended it, she calls. 

"Whatever happened to the girl who would have previously told me to shut the fuck up? Whatever happened to her, huh?"

She's slurring her words, and I know I should end this conversation, quick, but I can't.  I need to hear what the liquor says.

The liquor tells me that I'm a spoiled white girl who doesn't know how fucking easy I have it, that I have nothing better to do than write a stupid blog, that I will never know how hard her life has been.

Does this sound like someone who loves me?

9 comments:

  1. Seriously could write this myself...i have one as well. going through the breakup myself..If you wanna chat and compare emails and stories let me know.. i am in the area :) It will get better...(telling myself that too)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry things did not turn out better but I am glad to see that you know you are worth more and deserve not to settle. People can be amazingly cruel and spiteful in their efforts to get the last blow. Positive thoughts being sent your way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Argh, what a douche! I hope she doesn't start to harass you after the breakup, but likely she'll do just that. Stay strong and remember _do_not_believe_anything she says about your character, appearance, how you're in bed or what ever she'll make up to get to you. Stay strong. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, there's nothing but glowing reviews about how I am in bed, Hauwerine. Some things are just too good to be insulted. Ha! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whew you dodged that bullet. It's hard to get over someone, but once you are out of the relationship and start looking back you realize that breaking up is the best thing that could happen.

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha to the bed comment sassy you go girl! hang in there took me a few crazy woman to find the right one but its worth the wait... big love and positive thoughts sending your way from new zealand ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. ok so we the ones from new zealand .. just worked out how to sign in lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Girl, Really like your blog...keep up the great posts! You are self-aware and funny! What a combo :). It really hurts when they tell you what they're thinking...I understand. Then the words don't go away like the "high" from alcohol or weed. I got called lots of stuff and have a hard time getting past the mean insults. Hope you are well on the way to happy. Peace.

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow. glad i found this. i'm in the crazy gf mode myself right now. She's called me all kinds of foolish names- under the guise of loving me... shullbit!!

    thanks for making me open my eyes wider. no contact it is!!

    ReplyDelete