January 11, 2011

And...coming out to my mother...


Here's the actual email I sent:

Hey Mom,

So…I’ve been dating someone for a while…a woman. I have never been happier. Ex-husband and the kids know her, and they fully support me.  Ex-husband and I are still best friends and we both want what’s best for everyone.

I lost all of my friends and that’s been really hard.

I didn’t know how you would feel about this so I wanted to give you time to process it. You’re not surprised, are you?





Here's her actual reply (every single word):

I'm fine.  NOT surprised.

4 comments:

  1. Wow. Congratz. I bet you feel better already. Maybe even a little "WTF, why didn't anyone tell me."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Moms are weird like that. :D Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that must have been such a relief! I wish my mother would catch on to email...it would save me a lot of awkward phone conversations!! Happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's great news!! My mom still thinks I am bisexual. O_O Not sure how to break the news; she lives in my house, so if I email her, she is just going to come right up the stairs, lol.

    Anyway, I'm glad that it didn't go badly for you. :)

    ReplyDelete